21 January 2010

Leaving Los Angeles (with a sense of Gratitude).

















It's been a fantastic 5 weeks being back home in LA with my parents and friends. 5 weeks feels a lot longer than I imagined it would, which isn't a bad or a good thing. I was so blessed this holiday season to get to go back and work at lululemon and spend time with my favorite lulus. I managed to break up with my boyfriend, get in a car accident, and clear up a speeding ticket. I managed to spend every last cent of my paychecks, acquire a beta fish named Christine, and gain 10 pounds (of cookie muscle). I was able to visit with my favorite uncles up in West Hollywood, my favorite aunt from West Virginia, and my best friend who goes to school in New York. I yoga'd, trapeze'd, and drank fine wine to my heart's desire. I watched plenty of trashy TV (newest addiction: Operation Repo on TruTV), catch up on some long lost reading, and keep my room a constant chaotic mess. And in the midst of all this, I look forward to going back to Chico and creating more adventures for myself. I look forward to once again being surrounded by college kids my age. I look forward to weekends full of kegs and beer pong. I look forward to fresh faces in class and around campus. I look forward to all of it. So while I will miss my friends and family back in LA, I realize how truly blessed I am more than anything to feel as if I truly belong to 2 very opposite places, and to have them both welcome me back when the time is appropriate.
So I leave LA with a last and final amazing thought:

"You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you." -Frederick Buechner

Namaste, fellow Bleaders.

2 comments :

  1. Cassie, I love you! You are such a ray of Sunshine in my life. I will miss you and your giggles! I would very much like to get copies of our Trapeze adventure together. I enjoyed very much our time spent at the store, yoga, swinging high and hiking along the beautiful coast. Enjoy each moment and embrace it all. We'll keep in touch I love reading your blog! Hugs, Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. this quote is lovely, and of course I love our group pix together!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.