28 January 2010

Me, Meryl, and a pair of stolen glasses.


I had the craziest dream last night, I have to share it with y'all. First off, you must know that I am in the market for a new pair of glasses because my Oscar de la Renta frames have been bothering me lately. I have become obsessed with paying close attention to people's glasses frames--from anyone in my classes to people on the street, I observe everyone's glasses that I come into contact with.

Anyway, in my dream last night I ran into Meryl Streep in public. It wasn't just any Meryl Streep, it was the Devil Wears Prada Miranda Priestly version of Meryl. She caught me eyeing her (but I was really lusting after her glasses frames because they were the most spectacular pair I'd ever seen) and she frowned at me. "Can I help you?" She asked. "I love your glasses," I told her. "What brand are they?" And with abbreviated sighs she went on to tell me, "What brand do you think they are?" She took them off and I saw that they said Vogue (and this made perfect sense to me, because in my dream Miranda Priestly was the editor-in-chief of Vogue Magazine instead of Runway Magazine). I knew only one thing, and that was that I had to have these magnificent frames. "Where did you get them?" I asked. And this is when Miranda Priestly, aka Meryl Streep, proceeded to grab me by the arm and we jumped through to another room where they kept all the clothes for the photo shoots and she took out a shoebox full of frames identical to the ones she was wearing, but in all different colors. "Take what you want," she said. "No one will notice, I do it all the time." This is how my dream ended, with me finding the perfect pair of glasses frames by way of the Miranda Priestly version of Meryl Streep who stole them.

What does it all mean?
Namaste.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.