01 February 2010

Hope for all of us.

"Hope is the essence of all good men."- Ethan Canin
I've been doing a lot of thinking, a lot of meditating, a lot of praying lately for the tragic events that took place in Haiti, and the on going efforts. It's amazing the overall kindness that the world can bring forth in a time of need. It makes me sad to think that it takes something so awful to remind us that there still are good people out there. I've been obsessed with this video lately...the song seems so appropriate right now. Justin Timberlake performed this song at the Hope for Haiti Now benefit and its originally by Leonard Cohen, but I think this version is much more beautiful.
Just listen to the lyrics, maybe you'll be filled with hope too.
Namaste.

1 comment :

  1. I echo those sentiments, sometimes the only thing I know how to do when I am overcome with emotion and resignation is pray. Nothing can give me peace like the peace that surpasses all understanding sitting with God. xo LOVE THAT VERSION!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.