24 February 2010

To the person I've always carried close, even when she's halfway around the world.


How do we, or I, sum up a part of me?
I start with the statistics:
8 years, English class, projects,
the hibiscus drawings on your notebook,
the platter of strawberries your mother brought us.
Then, later:
the hours, days, months, years
spent at the coffee shop.
The sushi, the drives, the guitars,
the Talks:
the hours pouring out over styrofoam,
the grany coffee and tea.
The warm sunshine--inside and outside.
The times we sat as drivers, passengers,
navigators.
The future seemed so far away, so distant, so fake.


The music comes on and takes me back
and for a split second
I feel whole again.
Because it wasn't what it looked like
It was this whole-ness that
even in the darkest parts of my life
I clung to.
I prided myself, falling back to
this wholeness, the fulfillment.
It was those times we spend doing nothing
that made me feel so alive.
How do we, or I, sum up a part of me?


4 comments :

  1. Ms. Cassandra Leigh, you are beautiful.
    I'm not sure if you have to approve comments, because I've noticed my last post did not pop up here.... anyway...

    http://cadencecole.blogspot.com/

    there's my blog. Don't go under your dashboard to my page anymore... or delete then re-add me because the site use to be "lpyter.blogspot"
    but obviously that had to change...

    SO CLICK TO FOLLOW:

    http://cadencecole.blogspot.com/

    !!!! live high, live mighty, live righteously--- taking it easy.

    love love love

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://cadencecole.blogspot.com/2010/03/losing-focus.html#more

    *CLICK.

    THE PICTURES ARE FOR YOU TO OPEN, ENLARGE, AND USE HOWEVER YOU WISH.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.