02 March 2010

A special "Thank Yuh" from Mama Cass Lotus:

"Whoever you are holding me now in hand,
Without one thing all will be useless,
I give you fair warning before you attempt me further,
I am not what you supposed, but far different."  
-Walt Whitman

On March 5th my blog will celebrate its FIRST birthday!  It's hard to believe I've been on here for almost a year, posting random shit about my life.  It's mostly hard to believe, however, that I actually have followers out there, 36 to be exact.  I've watched you all slowly accumulate on here.  It started with 2, then all of a sudden I was at 8, then 16, then 25, then 34 for about 2 months, and NOW--36.  I think that's a solid number to rack in a year with (although I'm always up for more followers).  For the past year I've shared random stories with you about the weird and ridiculous things that happen in my life.  It all began one weekend when I was house and pet sitting while my parents were out of town, then morphed into my excitement over moving away to college (moving from LA to Chico), then a few posts about being awesome, then the anti-coffee dilemma, a post about being happy with my then-boyfriend, then a post about Thanksgiving, breaking up with my boyfriend, getting in a car accident, posts about the rain, my hair, a friend, schoolwork, and spring.  Whew, makes me sigh just thinking about.


Anyway, I want to say thank y'all for making it a memorable and worthwhile year.  I have tried to keep up with a blog for years, and it never really worked out.  For some reason this blog just stuck.  Perhaps it was the message that it sent out, or maybe it was the followers (see also: you, the Bleader), or maybe it was a combination of the two.  
In honor of Live Righteously's first birthday, I had a internet-based metaphysical crisis.  I thought for a while about what inspired this blog in the first place, and what kept me coming back.  I wasn't sure what this would be in the beginning, and I'm still not sure where this blog is going, hence the Whitman quote at the beginning of this posting.  I was originally inspired by a song.  "Live righteously" is a line that comes from one of my favorite songs by Jason Mraz called Live High.  I've been listening to that song for almost 2 years now, and something about the image of living righteously created a peaceful image in my head.  Then I went through a spiritual crisis sometime circa a year ago, and stumbled upon that verse from 1 Timothy (that can also be read in my header): "But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.  Fight the good fight."  I know it might be hard to imagine one single line redefining a person's life, but this verse has.  It doesn't have everything to do with religion either, but a lot to do with what should guide your life.  This is what I come back to, this is what makes me want to keep on keepin' on, as cheesy and crazy and awkward as that sounds.  I hope more than anything to share a message of strength and hope with my fellow Bleaders.   
A little more about my blog: I try to keep it simple with an easy-on-the-eyes layout and color scheme.  Yes, that is me in the header, and it seems to explain a lot about the kind of person I am.  I love the ocean, I was born and raised 2 minutes away from it, and I miss it quite terribly.  Nearly all the pictures I feature in my postings are ones I've taken, and I hope the ones I haven't taken are recognizable.  I refuse to add any sort of advertisement to my page because I feel that it doesn't speak to me as a blogger.  I didn't set out to pimp my blog out, I wanted to create an online sanctuary for my thoughts.  If you haven't gathered this already, I am a die-hard yogi, a lover of the Earth, a hippie at heart.  I think in Spanglish, I write in English, I dream in Spanish with English subtitles.  I have a special spot in my heart for a tiny village in Jalisco, Mexico called Mismaloya and when I get done with this whole college thing I plan on moving there just like my mother did in the 60s.  I am a fiction writer, and avid reader, and lover of fine (and not so fine) foods.  I'm outspoken, ridiculous at times, and soothed by things like sunshine and a big glass of red wine.  


What I am really trying to get at here is that I appreciate your support, and look forward to another wonderfully interesting year with my Bleaders and my Blogger.
Namaste, y'all,
Mama Cass Lotus

3 comments :

  1. Its quite an awesome accomplishment. I'm going for 2 and a half years now and have no plans stopping either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It's so fun. I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and nice to meet you!

    Blogging has been a wonderful experience for me so far but I don't have enough time to read blogs these days.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.