26 January 2013

Blueberry Bliss Overnight Oats: The Recipe

As promised, I've finally come up with my own recipe for overnight oats. My favorite blog was my inspiration, but I've changed things up just a little bit (and really, there is no such thing as bad overnight oats--just different variations on a delicious creation).

Blueberry Bliss Overnight Oats
Being unemployed has allowed me to hone in on my exceptionally bad cooking skills and experiment with various recipes around the internet (more to come on this subject). 

Here is my Blueberry Bliss Overnight Oats recipe:
  • 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats (not instant)
  • 1 tbsp. chia seeds (make sure they are fresh!)
  • stevia (optional)
  • cinnamon
  • pumpkin pie spice (or your own mixture of nutmeg, all spice, and cinnamon)
  • 1 drop vanilla extract
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use MetRX 97% lactose free)
  • 3/4 to 1 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze)
  • handful of blueberries (to be added in the morning)
  • any other sliced fruit (to be added in the morning)
  1. In a container with a lid (I use an old almond butter jar, but a mason jar or tupperware is fine--as long as there's a lid), combine oats, chia seeds, stevia, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and protein powder. Place lid on container and shake until all dry ingredients are mixed together (to avoid clumps of any one dry ingredient).
  2. Add all other liquid ingredients except the blueberries. Mix thoroughly (I use a fork to mix the liquid and dry together evenly), and place lid on container. Stick in the refrigerator overnight.
  3. In the morning, top oatmeal with blueberries and any other fruit you may want on top. This recipe yields moist oats, so I don't find I need to add more almond milk--but feel free to add a splash if need be!
  4. Enjoy your deliciously blissful overnight oats and meditate on the edible sunshine!

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or photos of your own overnight oats (or if you figure out how to take a picture of overnight oats that doesn't look like barf)!

Namaste, blissful yogis.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.