01 March 2013

WHAT MONTH IS IT.

I woke up this morning in one of those panics that only comes once a year--the first day of March.
I can't believe February is gone [insert 100+ more cliche'd musings about time passing by too quickly].

Life has been fast and slow and confusing and heartbreakingly dull but also insightful (but then again, a mix of more disappointments) since my last post. I've been listening to a lot of Dave Matthews Band, working on a new short story (this one is the one, I can feel it), going to the gym (I joined 24-Hour Fitness with the $100 I have to my name), and reading. I've been reading so much lately--from ingredients on food labels (I've been eating clean), to articles on Brain Pickings, It's Okay to be SmartThe AtlanticThe New Yorker, and short stories published in Best American Short Stories 2004 (edited by Lorrie Moore, my biggest inspiration). I don't want my brain to go to mush, like my body seems to have done this past year. I've learned I have to keep my brain stimulated otherwise I'm going to fall into a deep, dark, stupid place I don't want to be in.

But living by the ocean again gives me peace. It's the one thing that's consistent, and I need that. I may be living with my parents with no prospects of moving out in the near future, but I at least have the ocean down the street from me to keep me company.

This post is nothing more than a grounding one. It's a Hey! I'm still alive but there's not a whole lot to talk about right now post. Some days I have a thousand things to say, some days (weeks, months) I have nothing. And I think that's okay right now.

May you find your peace this week, wherever your peace is found.
Namaste.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Tell me all your thoughts on cats.